acedb solaris problems

Bob Barstead, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, 825 N.E. 13th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73104 barsteadr at barsteadr at
Thu Dec 16 11:45:00 EST 1993

I'm having trouble running the new version 2 of acedb.
My maching is a Sun LX running Solaris 2.2.  I believe
I've installed all the relevant patches (but I'm open to
suggestion).  I've got LD_LIBRARY_PATH set to

I've recovered bin.solaris.2_0.tar.Z from  The install
script worked as advertised.  When I try to run it, however,
I get the error xace: can't find file

The acedb documentation suggests that all of relevant libraries
should be present.  Nevertheless, I can't seem to find
I have found, and in fact all files seem to
be symbolically linked to

Any suggestions?  Have I missed a patch?  Is perhaps
not part of the standard Solaris 2.2 release?  Is it hidden somewhere?
Is it, god forbid, part of X11R5 and I'm going to have to build the
X11 libraries on my system?

Bob Barstead
Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation
barsteadr at