solaris acedb

Mike Cherry cherry at genome.Stanford.EDU
Wed Jun 30 00:38:36 EST 1993

In article <1993Jun29.110507.1 at> barsteadr at writes:
>I recently read a note here saying the Carl Riches had a Solaris
>version of acedb.  The note has subsequently disappeared, so I can't
>reply to it directly.  I also saw Dr. Riches name in a README
>file at the NCBI.  When I tried to retrieve it from
>'', however, I couldn't find a server
>that would recognize the address.  Others seem to be having the same
>problem.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

The repository/acedb/README.SOLARIS file on says:
   This port was done by Carl g Riches

   it has not been tested by mieg/durbin who do not yet have access
   to a solaris but is ok as far as we know.

That should be: cgr at

It is an address (an e-mail address) not a hostname. Also the binary
compressed tar file is on in the repository/acedb
directory and is called:

Note the last line of Jean's README.SOLARIS above.

J. Michael Cherry                       Project Manager, Yeast Genome Database
Stanford Genome Sequencing Center,      Department of Genetics
Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305-5120
Voice: 415-723-7541  FAX: 415-723-7016  Internet: cherry at