ACEDB 95 Conference and Workshop

Petr Koca'b P.Kocab at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Mon Aug 22 02:30:07 EST 1994

Please fill out information following colons (:) and put X's in brackets [X]

Name: Petr Kocab

A. CONFERENCE V. WORKSHOP

The 1992 and 1993 ACEDB Conferences were three days long.  This year, 1994,
the ACEDB Workshop was two weeks long, modeled on Physics workshops.  Some
people have suggested that next year we might try to do both.  What would you
prefer?  Please indicate one or both you would like to attend.

[X] I would like to attend a three day ACEDB 95 Conference
[X] I would like to attend a two week ACEDB 95 Workshop
[ ] Other (please specify):

[X] the 2 week ACEDB Workshop should immediately follow the Conference
[ ] a 3 day ACEDB Conference should be held at another time of year

Conference  Time Comments:

B.  DATES
The 1992 Conference was held in May; the 1993 Conference was in August; and
this year's workshop was the first two weeks of July.  In 1995, the Cold
Spring Harbor meetings will be the second week of May , and the Hilton Head
meeting is scheduled for September 16-20.  Would people like to have the ACEDB
Workshop close to one of those meetings or at some other time?

[X] following Cold Spring Harbor meeting in mid May
[ ] June
[ ] July
[ ] August
[ ] September, prior to Hilton Head meeting
[ ] September, following Hilton Head meeting

Date Comments:

C. LOCATION
In 1992 our Conference was in Cambridge, in 1993 in Boston, and this year in a
small village outside Montpellier.  What would you prefer for 1995?
(you can indicate 1,2,3 for first, second, and third choices if you wish)

[X] Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory
[ ] Stanford
[ ] Berkeley
[ ] San Francisco Peninsula (towards Stanford)
[ ] Marin County (north of San Francisco)
[ ] Monterey Bay area
[ ] Lake Tahoe
[ ] Other (please specify):

D. HOUSING ARRANGEMENTS
We can probably save some money by sharing rooms.  What would you like?
(please check only one)

[X] single room (even if it costs more)
[ ] willing to share with another person to save money
[ ] willing to share with more than one person to save more money

Housing Comments:

E. GENERAL COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS
Please add anything else that might be relevant to scheduling a time and place
for next year's meeting(s).

|                                                    |
|   Petr Kocab                                       ||
|   German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ)             ||
|   Molecular Biophysics Group                       ||
|   Im Neuenheimer Feld 280                          ||
|   D-69120 Heidelberg, Germany                      ||
|   email:     P.Kocab at dkfz-heidelberg.de            ||
|   voice:     (+49-6221) 42 2340                    ||
|   fax  :     (+49-6221) 42 2333                    ||