Macace again

Paul Brunk pbrunk at dogwood.botany.uga.edu
Thu Dec 8 04:27:38 EST 1994

Hi all again:

We're working on an acedb for peanuts.  Not in production yet.  While
UNIX is our production environment, we're trying to get a macace
version running too.  To this end, I got the 21bDB macace from
genome.lbl.gov, which uses a 3.0 version of the code.

I added classes, models and tags for our data, and when it read in my
models.wrm it complained of "unknown item xxxxxx", referring to one of
my tags.  Altering the order of some of the contents of models.wrm and
tags.wrm made it seem as though my tags were not known to the
database, although I had reinitialised it.

But I thought "better start from scratch".  So I did.  This time, all
I did was add my tags to tags.wrm (starting at 3001), and didn't touch
anything else.  This time, whether or not I removed the distribution
ACEDB.wrm from the database folder, I got a startup error something
like "tag 3001 (_Archived) tried to overwrite tag 3001 (NULL key)".
"Archived" is the name of my tag.

Earlier, in the folly of my youth, I asked about recompiling macace,
and was gently reminded that one of the strengths of acedb is
precisely that you *don't* need to recompile if you're only adding
data and models.  But now I have no guesses as to what is causing the
above behaviour.  Any ideas?

As usual, thanks for your time.  The acedb community is quite
self-supportive!

--
Paul Brunk, ancillary staff
University of Georgia Botany Department