Problems executing xace

Scott Sammons bcresas at
Tue Jan 11 11:32:06 EST 1994

I'm having a problem getting acedb to run properly.  When I type acedb, I get
the following error message: xace: fatal: can't open file: errno=2
Killed is found in /usr/openwin/lib which is

The strange thing is that I can get it to work if I am the owner of the
executable xace.  Is something wrong with my setuid?  The setuid looks like:

# ls -l xace
-rwsr-xr-x   1 gcgadmin staff    1032732 Dec 23 10:06 xace

I don't think that it's my LD_LIBRARY_PATH since when I log in as gcgadmin,
my LD_LIBRARY_PATH is the same as other userids that fail to work.

Scott Sammons
| Scott A. Sammons                                           (404) 727-2780  |
| Emory University                                      FAX: (404) 727-3659  |
| Biomolecular Computing Resource      Internet:  sammons at  |
| 3025 Rollins Research Center                                               |
| Atlanta, GA 30322                                                          |