Bibliographies and class name ?Paper

Dave Matthews matthews at GREENGENES.CIT.CORNELL.EDU
Tue Jun 7 10:18:22 EST 1994

> define class Paper Hidden
> define class Reference subclass of Paper filter
> no filter or may be filter IS "*"
>
> Visible
>
> then the code should be happy

Happier than Dave, maybe.  I see how this works around the problem, but
going through the exercise is reminding me of some of my longstanding
suggestions about subclasses, which I should voice while I'm thinking
about them since I never did before.

1.  The Model class shows models for real classes like Paper but not for
subclasses like Reference.  It would be nice to list the subclasses too,
even though it's just to show the same model plus the value of Filter.

2.  I can control where on the main window a visible class is listed, by
its order in options.wrm, but apparently subclasses appear only at the bottom
of the window.

3.  The data must be loaded as Paper objects.  It would be nice to be able
to load as Reference objects directly, and have ACEDB fill in whatever value
of the Filter is needed, if any.

- Dave