solaris write access

Dave Matthews matthews at GREENGENES.CIT.CORNELL.EDU
Wed Jun 15 16:58:18 EST 1994

Since I'm just now installing a copy of my database on a Solaris 2.3 machine, I
took note of all the steps I did that could be relevant:

The owner of the directory and all its files is 'dmatthew'.
I edited wspec/passwd.wrm to list 'dmatthew'.
I said "setenv ACEDB_SU".
I said "setenv ACEDB <pathname>".
I said "bin/xace".

It worked fine.  "Write Access" appeared as an option at the bottom of the
main menu.  After selecting that, I can "Read .ace files".

> Also, which files need to be modified so that other users have read access.

None, just to read.  However in order for them to print or save queries, it's
good to say "chmod 4755 bin/xace".

Hope this helps.

- Dave