Contig assembly?

Eric E. Snyder eesnyder at sequana.com
Wed Jun 15 16:50:41 EST 1994

I have been spending the few days getting familiar with
acedb.  I have managed to get most things working, except
the thing I really need: the contig display.  Unfortunately,
the documentation that I have tracked down doesn't say
much about contigs as such and the on-line help seems not
to match what I am able to display.

First of all, is it even possible to generate a contig
by simply specifying markers present and absent?  If not,
how does one get to this "contig editor" aluded to in the
on-line help?

If I am understanding the system correctly, a certain amount
of structure needs to be define in the the models file.
I found a file that had a definition for class Contig
(the default file in the ncbi distribution give a "model
not found error") and got as far as a graphic window with
nothing in it.   If this is the "contig-editor", there
are no buttons (as in the physical map display) as the
help states.

Obviously I am pretty clueless at this point...  but
is seems like a very worth while package and I would
like to get this figured out....

Thanks in advance,

Eric E. Snyder, Biocomputational Scientist
Sequana Therapeutics, Inc.
11099 North Torrey Pines Road, Suite 160
La Jolla, CA 92037
(619) 452-6550 ex 279; (619) 452-6653 fax; eesnyder at sequana.com