SubClass

Dave Matthews matthews at GREENGENES.CIT.CORNELL.EDU
Wed Jun 15 08:11:59 EST 1994

> I believe
> it was  Dave Matthews who asked if you could arrange subclasses
> in the main window, or if they always appeared at the bottom,
> I never caught the reply to that???

Jean's answer is below.  Sorry, I didn't notice it didn't go to the whole
group.
- Dave

::::::
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 94 21:58:36 +0100
To: matthews at greengenes.cit.cornell.edu
Subject: Re: Bibliographies and class name ?Paper

1.  The Model class shows models for real classes like Paper but not for
subclasses like Reference.  It would be nice to list the subclasses too,
even though it's just to show the same model plus the value of Filter.

*** you see the filter in the class Class

2.  I can control where on the main window a visible class is listed, by
its order in options.wrm, but apparently subclasses appear only at the bottom
of the window.

*** true, taht is a nasty restriction i should eliminate

3.  The data must be loaded as Paper objects.  It would be nice to be able
to load as Reference objects directly, and have ACEDB fill in whatever value
of the Filter is needed, if any.

*** NO, i disagree, is ee subclasses as automatic sorts
however we could separatelly fill some values as part of constraints system