Genbank to Ace formats

Maulin Piyush Shah mps2 at bio6.acpub.duke.edu
Wed Jun 29 09:57:16 EST 1994

features that now enable you to convert, directly grom Genbank GB_PL data to ace
format with the following improvements:

	 The references are now read and put in ace format as well.
		The journal, date, pages, authors, title, etc.
		are all listed with separate tags. These fit my models
		perfectly (obviously), and are relatively simple to modify
		otherwise.

	A "-ace" option will take all the output files and combine them into one
		.ace formatted output file. (Previously, there were five separate
		files that needed reading.)

	I have fully commented as much as I could in the kernel, so as to try and
		make modifying the program simple for even non-programmers.

	The program is now useful for Unix stations, and I have it running on my
		Silicon Graphics machine. Some minor changes may be needed ( I really don't know)
		in order to make it run on different machines.

If you would like a copy, let me know, and if there is enough interest (and if
someone can tell me how to) I will post it on the weeds.mgh.harvard.edu anonymous
ftp site.

			Maulin Shah (mps2 at acpub.duke.edu)