Windows version

David L. Baillie dbaillie at darwin.mbb.sfu.ca
Thu Oct 6 12:00:11 EST 1994

taka at nihs.nihs.go.jp (Takako Igarashi) writes:

>Hello!

>Do you have any plan to produce Windows version of
>the acedb?

Takako

I do not know of any port to MS windows, although there have been romours of
a windows NT port (MAYBE).  If you want to run ACeDB on a Intel machine,
try the LINUX port that Ken Clark has done, the 2.0 port is on ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
in /repository/acedb/ace2

You have to set up a linux OS on your machine, but it can share disk with
DOS, and OS2.  The machine must be a 486 or highher for good performance
and must have 12 -16 mb of RAM.  Linux and ACeDB eat up  about 150 mb of
disk space with the C. e.  data set.

Also we run the power MAC version of ACeDB, it runs fine, but also needs 16 mb
of RAM and works about the same as the Linux version on a comparable processor.

dave baillie

ps a BSD unix port was also done by Ken Clark, if that is of use let me know.
	It's ace 2.0 again.
pps we will not do a port of ace3, but plan to port ace4 when it is available.
.