Problems with 2-x on Solaris

Reinhard Doelz doelz at comp.bioz.unibas.ch
Fri Oct 7 04:27:31 EST 1994

Colleagues,
we are still troubled on a Sparcstation which we try to maintain via network.
The memory allocation failure I reported earlier on Solaris 4.1 still occured
after upgrading the machine to 96 MB physical memory, and reloading the
binaries. As there is no GCC installed recompilation is not an option. There-
fore I installed everything from sratch (starting with 2-0) and surprisingly
got an error in 2-8 stating 'internal system error: parse error near line
61557 in B0248: Unknown tag "Overlap_right"'. Aligning the maps manually
gives a bus error.

Any ideas and suggestions? The disk has 115 MB free, so disk space should
not be a problem.

Regards
Reinhard Doelz
for University Fribourg, Switzerland.

--
 R.Doelz         Klingelbergstr.70| Tel. x41 61 267 2247  Fax x41 61 267 2078|
 Biocomputing        CH 4056 Basel| electronic Mail    doelz at ubaclu.unibas.ch|