Conversion tools for ACeDB

Neal Dalton nrd at scrapie.med.umn.edu
Wed Oct 12 10:05:13 EST 1994

I have been scrounging for tools to convert various formats, I'm still
looking for a medline to ACeDB converter.  I was surprised that this
wasn't a FAQ, may this can be used to add a new one.

They may need some changes, since databases vary.  If there are better
locations or other utilities, please let me know.  I will post a
summary.

At ftp://weeds.mgh.harvard.edu/acedb_dev/utilities I found

  blast2ace - Converts NCBI blast email server format
  gb2ace    - Comvert GenBank format (there are 2)
  mapm2ace  - Converts Mapmaker "map" or "print chromosomes"
  sortpmap  - Constructs physical map contigs in text
  ace2go    - Dumps classes from ACeDB and waisindexing the .ace-format

  ace2nal   - Translate Data from ACeDB Database to Relational Tables

At ftp://igd-ftp.dkfz-heidelberg.de/pub/igd-ted

  opm2aces  - OPM (Oject-Protocol Model) to ACeDB

  ace2eers  - Experimental translates ACeDB model files to .erd for ERDRAW

Neal