Bug in TableMaker?

Richard Durbin rd at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Mon Oct 17 16:04:35 EST 1994

> I can't seem to get the "Condition" field in the TableMaker to work.
> When I hit the button to search, the condition field is totally
> ignored (This field remains yellow even after I hit return).

You certainly have to hit return in the field for the condition to
register.  I remember problems with this, but I have used the field in
xace.  Normally I use prestored tables.  What if you save a table and
reload it back into xace?

Jean has added significantly to Table_maker for the next version of
ACEDB.  First it now handles correctly items that are not immediately
adjacent to a tag, so you can make a table of all pairs.  Second, you
can now set a condition on a column involving other columns as
parameters in the query.  This in effect allows relational join-type
operations.  Unfortunately there is a fatal bug we must find before it
is released.

Richard