storing comments on the IGD-schema

Detlef Wolf D.Wolf at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Mon Oct 24 12:18:45 EST 1994

I remember John McCarthy having a Meta Data handling system integrated
into ACEDB. However, we could also use a normal ACEDB to handle the
schema description.

I tried a 10-minute test:

1. add a class  (to {models,classes,options}.wrm):
?Meta   KW ?LongText REPEAT

2. run this awk-script on models.wrm:
'/^ *\/\// {next}
/^ *$/ {print; next}
/^\?/ {print "Meta :",$1; $1=""; print "KW",$0; next}
{print "KW",$0}

and redirect its output into a file models.ace

3. in ACEDB, read models (from main menu), then read models.ace

Now for each tag and each pointer a long text can be entered,
altough the text must be a summary on all the places the tag
is used in the model.

2 sample "Long"Texts:
LongText : Full_name
the full name for an Author comes from GDB

Mon Oct 24 18:02:49 MET 1994  dok256
***LongTextEnd***

LongText : ?Clone
Clones come from GDB and RLDB
***LongTextEnd***

And the main work -- writing the text -- remains, of course.

Greetings
Detlef