printing is ACE3-7 on sun sparc

Jean Thierry-Mieg mieg at watson.wustl.edu
Thu Apr 6 18:51:19 EST 1995

i use print window without problem

may be it looks for the definiton of the printers which is
possibly forbiden at ncbi
so may be we need an environment variable

does anyone have a clue ?

problem is:

m: john.morris at frodo.mgh.harvard.edu (John Morris)
Subject: printing is ACE3-7 on sun sparc

Hi Jean,

I'm trying to work with the ACE3-7b binary on the ncbi server.  I like
tablemaker,  pulled out a sequence table that I couldn't create in 3-0.

However, the Print/Mail window comes up blank, and ACE seems to freeze.  I
can move windows around the screen but nothing that I click on has any
effect, nor do the ACE windows refresh.  Should I try compiling locally?

- John
AAtDB