Contigs don't appear on gMap display in v4.3 for SunOS4

Mr J. Attwood jattwood at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Wed Jul 31 07:27:13 EST 1996

Hi,

	I'm just upgrading to 4.3 from 4.1, on a SS10, running SunOS 4.1.3.
I've merged my old old model with the new one but, after loading my map
and clone data, building the maps and aligning the contigs, none of my
contigs appear on the gMap display. Previously many of them appeared in
the Contigs column and one or two appeared in the Interval column, both in
the default view. The .ace file generated by the align contigs option is
identical to the one produced by v4.1 (after Richard kindly squashed a bug
for us), and the input data have not changed in any way.

	Suggestions on what to do about this gratefully received, as I
can't see anything obvious that's causing it, unless the default view in
4.3 is somehow different to the one in 4.1. As my newsreading is way
behind, I would appreciate an email copy of any replies, at the address
below.

Thanks in advance,

John Attwood,
john at galton.ucl.ac.uk