acedb for linux error

Uwe Baumert baumert at
Wed Dec 3 07:22:56 EST 1997

In article <eisenman-ya02408000R0212971514410001 at>,
eisenman at (David M. Eisenmann) wrote:

> Hello,
> I have Linux running on a PowerMac (mklinux) and I recently installed Acedb
> 4.5 from bin.linux.4_5e.tar.Z.  The install went OK, but I get the
> following message when I type 'acedb'
> /usr/acedb/bin/xace:  Exec format error.  Wrong Architecture.
> My default shell is bash, but I got the same error message when I changed
> it to csh.  Can somebody please let me know what is wrong here?  Thanks,
> Dave Eisenmann
> eisenman at

the binary distribution of AceDB for linux is for intel i386 and higher. I
do not know if somebody else has build a mklinux binary for the PowerMac.
I think you have to build it on your own.

Uwe Baumert

Institute for General Zoology & Genetics
University of Muenster
Schlossplatz 5                               Tel: +49 251 83-24675
D-48149 Muenster, Germany                    Fax: +49 251 83-24723