A problem in MacAce?

david johnston daj at nhm.ac.uk
Tue May 20 06:21:38 EST 1997

Greetings all.

We have just released the first version of an acedb database to support the
schistosome genome project and one of our users reports the following
problem trying to run it using MacAce.

He managed to set up the database, read in the data etc. successfully .We
have a class "Readme" which provides simply for longtext descriptions of
various things (like lists of the contents of the release), literally its
model is:

?Readme Document ?LongText

When our user tried to open one of these, his machine "freezed, started
ringing, blinking and displayed a message "Invalid action ###### received
in drawBox()".

I would appriciate if anyone could provide suggestions as to what the
problem is/ how to solve it. He is using PowerBook as a hardware with
PowerPC 603e 167Mz and 32Mb RAM. I run the database on a Powerbook 5300 and
haven't experienced this problem.

Thank you in advance.

David.

David A. Johnston,
Secretary to the WHO Schistosoma Genome Network,
Biomedical Parasitology Division,
Dept. of Zoology,
The Natural History Museum,
Cromwell Road, London SW7 5BD, England, UK.
Tel: 0171 9389297 (from outside the UK: 44 171 9389297)
Fax: 0171 9388754 (from outside the UK: 44 171 9388754)
eMail daj at nhm.ac.uk

The  Biomedical Parasitology Division is a WHO Collaborating Centre for the
identification of schistosomes and their snail hosts.