briggsae bug

Sean Eddy eddy at wol.wustl.edu
Fri Oct 3 10:40:51 EST 1997

In article <612rvk$ntd at mserv1.dl.ac.uk> Danielle et jean Thierry-Mieg <mieg at kaa.crbm.cnrs-mop.fr> writes:
  >the sopurce code was untarred by hand after the updata files
  >the source tar file does not contain the briggsae tag which is
  >introduced in update 19
  >
  >use INSTALL

Yes, that's probably it.

INSTALL doesn't handle the case of a multiple architecture
installation. (For us, both Linux and SGI IRIX binaries.)  I did
source INSTALL for the Linux installation, moved bin to bin.linux,
then unpacked the IRIX executable distribution -- which must've
clobbered parts of wspec/.

All fixed now. Thanks for the help!

Sean

--

- Sean Eddy, Ph.D.
- Dept. of Genetics, Washington University School of Medicine