despair with webace2?

Xuequn Xu xux at cco.caltech.edu
Mon Feb 2 18:09:17 EST 1998

I have successfully implemented webace on Solaris 2 and Linux (PC)
platforms. There were some pitfalls in compiling perl with aceclient
extension and in the configuration of those perl CGI scripts, but
finally it worked for me. I used acedb version 4.3. My site is at
http://www.tree.caltech.edu (follow the link "Web-BAC-Ace").

Xuequn Xu (Robert)

Dave Matthews (matthews at GREENGENES.CIT.CORNELL.EDU)
wrote:
: Last I heard, about a month ago, webace2 was robustly nonfunctional and the
: debugging was being performed by Sean Walsh, sean at nasc.nott.ac.uk.  Is
: this still the status Sean?
: - Dave

: > From: Nicolas Pollet <pollet at lovelace.infobiogen.fr>
: > Subject: despair with webace2
: > Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 16:00:45 +0100
: >
: > We installed the Aceclient extension to perl5.x from webace2.
: > I made a test using the simple perl aceclient pacecl.pl and I got:
: > pollet at wuhan:/opt/www/axeldb/ace/wrpc <0>pacecl.pl wuhan 56789
: > ld.so.1: /usr/local/bin/perl: fatal: relocation error: symbol not found:
: > openServer: referenced in
: > /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/sun4-solaris/auto/Aceclient/Aceclient.so
: > Killed