menu button

Brian Fristensky frist at cc.umanitoba.ca
Wed Sep 30 15:53:48 EST 1998

I described a problem in which a user lost the
ability to use the menu (right) button in xace
and some other X11 programs. In response,

Danielle et jean Thierry-Mieg wrote:

> This person is using CAPS LOCK or NUM LOCK
>
> this affects mouse buttons as well, in particular in acedb
> but also in other apps
>
> jean

She tried logging in and toggling NumLock and it
did restore the menu button. Thanks.

The bizzare thing is that the NumLock setting should
be 'remembered' by her account, from session to
session. One of the first experiments we tried
was replacing her .login, .profile, .cshrc files
and .dt (CDE-desktop) directories, with no
effect. They should cause things to revert to
more 'standard' conditions, when the user logs in.

Brian Fristensky