efetch in acedb

schwartz at uclink4.berkeley.edu schwartz at uclink4.berkeley.edu
Thu Dec 23 00:07:59 EST 1999

In article <Jah*+iOfo at news.chiark.greenend.org.uk>,
  Tim Cutts <timc at chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
> One thing you can do is replace efetch with  a perl script that does
the
> same thing.  This can then retrieve data from a variety of sources by
> different methods.  For example, our version of efetch gets sequence
> data from our in-house SRS server, in some cases, and from FASTA
format
> files in others, and from BLAST 2 format in yet others.
>
> Tim.

Thanks Tim.

I was hoping to do something easier than that though.  It looks as if
efetch is set up to deal with multiple databases; I should at least find
out if I can get it to work as it should, or whether it is possible from
within ACeDB, as it comes out of the box.

Is your script public if I fail?

Jody

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.