View class

Doug Smith dsmith at UCSD.EDU
Sat May 29 19:46:16 EST 1999

I have a question regarding interval object display via GMAP.
I am trying to set up a protein display using Map that would
display helix, strand, and turn objects as separate interval-
type objects.  This has all worked pretty well ...

except that I can't figure out how to get each of the three types
to display in each of three columns.  My current complete View
object for this is as follows:

View : "MAP-Prot"
Gmap
Columns  "Marker_loci" 1 Marker_points
Columns  "Chromosome_picture" 0 Marker_intervals
Columns  "Locator" 1 Locator Projection_lines_on
Columns  "Helices" 1 Interval_JTM Width 30
Columns  "Helices" 1 Interval_JTM Names_on
Columns  "Helices" 1 Interval_JTM Pne CYAN
Columns  "Helices" 1 Interval_JTM Pe RED
Columns  "Helices" 1 Interval_JTM Nne BLUE
Columns  "Helices" 1 Interval_JTM Ne LIGHTRED
Columns  "Strands" 1 Interval_JTM Width 30
Columns  "Strands" 1 Interval_JTM Names_on
Columns  "Strands" 1 Interval_JTM Pne CYAN
Columns  "Strands" 1 Interval_JTM Pe RED
Columns  "Strands" 1 Interval_JTM Nne BLUE
Columns  "Strands" 1 Interval_JTM Ne LIGHTRED
Columns  "  Turns" 1 Interval_JTM Width 30
Columns  "  Turns" 1 Interval_JTM Names_on
Columns  "  Turns" 1 Interval_JTM Pne CYAN
Columns  "  Turns" 1 Interval_JTM Pe RED
Columns  "  Turns" 1 Interval_JTM Nne BLUE
Columns  "  Turns" 1 Interval_JTM Ne LIGHTRED
Columns  " Others" 1 Interval_JTM Width 30
Columns  " Others" 1 Interval_JTM Names_on
Columns  " Others" 1 Interval_JTM Pne CYAN
Columns  " Others" 1 Interval_JTM Pe RED
Columns  " Others" 1 Interval_JTM Nne BLUE
Columns  " Others" 1 Interval_JTM Ne LIGHTRED
Columns  "Contigs" 1 Contigs
Columns  "Reversed_physical" 1 Reversed_physical
Columns  "Physical_genes" 1 Physical_genes
Columns  "Scale" 1 Scale Scale_unit 0.001000
Columns  "Scale" 1 Scale Cursor Cursor_on
Columns  "Scale" 1 Scale Cursor Cursor_unit 0.001000
Columns  "Two_point_data" 1 Two_point
Columns  "Multi_point_data" 1 Multi_point
Columns  "Likelihood_distribution" 1 Likelihood
Columns  "Sites" 1 Points Point_query "find locus"
Columns  "Sites" 1 Points Point_error_scale 10.000000
Columns  "Sites" 1 Points Point_pne LIGHTGREEN
Columns  "Sites" 1 Points Point_pe RED
Columns  "Sites" 1 Points Point_nne LIGHTRED
Columns  "Sites" 1 Points Point_ne RED

What I appear to need is a line that says "find helix" etc,
something like the "find allele" line that I used for
display of Allele point-type objects in the DictyDB MAP-full

Columns  "Null Mutant Alleles" 1 Points Point_query "find allele"
Columns  "Null Mutant Alleles" 1 Points Point_error_scale 10.000000
Columns  "Null Mutant Alleles" 1 Points Point_pne LIGHTGREEN
Columns  "Null Mutant Alleles" 1 Points Point_pe RED
Columns  "Null Mutant Alleles" 1 Points Point_nne LIGHTRED
Columns  "Null Mutant Alleles" 1 Points Point_ne RED

Can anyone help me out here?

I could not find the info I needed in the gmap.html doc, etc.,
which is not to say it isn't there ...

Thanks so much
  -Doug

Doug Smith, Professor of Biology .... dsmith at ucsd.edu
Department of Biology, 0116; UCSD; La Jolla CA  92093
phone:  619-534-2620                FAX: 619-534-7108
http://www-biology.ucsd.edu/others/dsmith/dnasys.html