Access restrictions for Ace

zgudmunt at my-deja.com zgudmunt at my-deja.com
Wed Oct 20 09:33:50 EST 1999

   I have a small question on access privileges and write-locks when
using Ace on a Unix (Linux) system. I have it set up with user ace as
the owner and a certain user group as the group for all the directories
and files the Ace-dir. All the users are listed in passwd.wrm and the
database-dir is chmod 770, with all files in it chmod 664.
  This works just fine, until a user needs to write and Ace creates an
additional block-file. This file gets 644 and when a user tries to save
the poor Ace-program crashes. So, what's going on here..?

               Gudmundur

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.