block ownership

Danielle et jean Thierry-Mieg mieg at beta.crbm.cnrs-mop.fr
Thu Oct 21 04:31:01 EST 1999

thank you for reporting this bag bug

   I have a small question on access privileges and write-locks when
using Ace on a Unix (Linux) system. I have it set up with user ace as
the owner and a certain user group as the group for all the directories
and files the Ace-dir. All the users are listed in passwd.wrm and the
database-dir is chmod 770, with all files in it chmod 664.
  This works just fine, until a user needs to write and Ace creates an
additional block-file. This file gets 644 and when a user tries to save
the poor Ace-program crashes. So, what's going on here..?

               Gudmundur

we will; fix this

meanwhile, create in advance a collection of files
with just the touch command and arrabge the correct ownership
by hand

then the code i think will not change them

thanks a lot for the bug report