adding classes and tags

Dave Lorand davel at src.uchicago.edu
Wed Oct 27 19:41:29 EST 1999

Hi,

I'm a total newbie to ACEDB, but I have a lot of experience as a sysadmin
and some experience with C.  So ...

I'm working on doing something completely unrelated to genetics with
ACEDB, so I need to add a few classes of my own.  I figured out the part
with models.wrm, but then there are tags.c, tags.h, and systags.h.  The
comments are pretty confusing because some seem to be out of date while
others are contradictory.  Can someone please give me the lowdown on all
of the steps I need to take to add a class?

I really tried to RTFM.  But, no offense intended, the FM is very
confusing and makes a lot of references to "currently, in 1992".  If
there's a clear, up-to-date manual, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

| Dave Lorand, System Administrator | davel at src.uchicago.edu |
| Social Science Research Computing | 773-702-3792           |
| University of Chicago             | 773-702-2101 (fax)     |