xacembly won't compile on linuxppc

Richard Gronostajski gronosr at ccf.org
Wed Sep 8 09:56:20 EST 1999

Hi,

I managed to compile xace for my Mac G3/233 running linuxppc-1999, since
the linux binaries wouldn't execute after downloading and installing.
However, I couldn't get xacembly to compile, instead it gave me the
error message shown below about defcpt.c.  Any suggestions on how to fix
defcpt.c so that it will compile.  I'm compiling version 4_7l.  I've
tried a few of the linux compile options and so far LINUX_4_OPT has
worked the best.  Also, is it sufficient to copy all the docs from wdoc
to a directory called whelp to get all the help that is available?
Thanks for any suggestions.

[gronos at gronos ~/newacedb]$ make
making libfree.a for LINUX_4_OPT
making libgraph.a for LINUX_4_OPT
making libgif.a for LINUX_4_OPT
making libacecl.a for LINUX_4_OPT
making libace.a for LINUX_4_OPT
making libstaden.a for LINUX_4_OPT
making xace for LINUX_4_OPT
./libfree.a(filsubs.o): In function `filGetFullPath':
filsubs.o(.text+0x414): the `getwd' function is dangerous and should not
be used.
making tace for LINUX_4_OPT
making giface for LINUX_4_OPT
making aceserver for LINUX_4_OPT
making gifaceserver for LINUX_4_OPT
making aceclient for LINUX_4_OPT
making xaceclient for LINUX_4_OPT
making acediff for LINUX_4_OPT
making makeSCF for LINUX_4_OPT
making xacembly for LINUX_4_OPT
defcpt.c:84: initializer element is not constant
make[1]: *** [defcpt.o] Error 1
make: *** [xacembly] Error 2

Richard M. Gronostajski
Assoc. Staff
Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation
Dept. of Cancer Biology, NB40, 9500 Euclid Ave. Cleveland, OH. 44195
Assoc. Prof., Case Western Reserve Univ., Dept. of Biochemistry

Phone:216-445-6629  Fax:216-445-6269
CCF homepage  http://www.lerner.ccf.org/pi/gronosta.html
CWRU homepage
http://www.cwru.edu/med/biochemistry/faculty/gronostajski.html