New acediff - checks return codes

Ed Griffiths edgrif at sanger.ac.uk
Wed Sep 15 03:37:37 EST 1999

mummi at bigfoot.com wrote:

>   When can we expect version 4.8?  Will you guys be implementing a more
> advanced GUI widget set...GTK+ as I believe you mentioned in your
> development plans?
>
>                         Gudmundur

Version 4.8 of acedb will use GTK+ as its widget set. We hope this will
mean that users will find that while the interface remains broadly the
same it has been enhanced in many ways (proper menu bars, better menus,
scrollbars, multi-line edit windows etc.). Currently acedb looks much
the same but with GTK substituted for Xaw widgets, as time goes by more
facilities will be added which will make acedb easier to use,
particularly for new users who are used to the existing CDE/Windows type
styles of user interfaces.

Version of 4.8 is currently under test by users at the Sanger Centre and
I guess our target is to release it to
the wider community sometime before Christmas.

Ed.

| Ed Griffiths, Informatics
Group,                                             |
|               The Sanger Centre, Wellcome Trust Genome
Campus,               |
|               Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SA,
UK                                |

http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Users/edgrif    |
|   Tel: +44-1223-494780 (switch  +44 1223 834244) Fax: +44 1223
494919        |