query map/pos

Fred Wobus fw at sanger.ac.uk
Tue Sep 21 03:36:08 EST 1999

On 20 Sep 1999, Danielle et jean Thierry-Mieg wrote:

> and of course the similar aql query is very clear
>
> select m, l, r
> from m in class Rearrangement
>      mn in m->Map
>           where mn = "Chr_6",
>      l in mn[left]
>           where l > 70000,
>      r in mn[right]
>           where r < 10000
>
> but as mentioned by fred, the version of aql in the distributed
> acedb.4_7 is not yet complete so you may not yet been able to use it

The query mentioned will work in ace4.7h and l, what I meant
was that more complex queries, some of which are mentioned
in my tutorial may not work yet.
I have so far fixed many aspects of table variables, the
evaluation of the bollean OR and the use of expressions in
declarations. All will be available in a forthcoming
release. Before you ask - there is no date for that yet.

fw

Fred Wobus                            Phone: +44-(0)7971-085893
                                      Web:   http://www.sanger.ac.uk/~fw