data entry

Janet Young janety at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Thu Sep 23 19:40:07 EST 1999

I have a stupid question for you all. I am setting up an acedb database
and trying to convince other less unix-friendly people in the lab that
it's going to be easy to use. My question is about data entry - I am
perfectly happy to use .ace files but it might reassure others to know
there are ways of 'pointing and clicking' to add data. I found the way
to add information to an entry (use update on third mouse button menu)
but is there a way to add a new object? Maybe the easiest way is just to
explain use of the .ace file but I'm not sure.

Janet Young

                         Dr. Janet Young
Dept. Molecular Biotechnology
University of Washington             tel: (206) 685 9254
Health Sciences Building             fax: (206) 685 7301
PO BOX 357730                        email: janety at
Seattle, WA 98195, USA