Danielle et jean Thierry-Mieg mieg at
Thu Apr 20 03:19:17 EST 2000

my database has 150 thousands sequences, i run it on a linux pc 350 MHz
i load all data in may be 10 minutes

the index all work via hashing so insertion time is independant of size

what is a real kill is as Dave says XREF to many enties including
  ?Text entries which are all the same

could i have a copy of the models used and a sample of tyhe data file if they all look the

for example if you have a chromosoeme with very many balst hits
it can become heavy

what we do in the worm is to split the chromosome in cosmids and each has not so many blast hits