xace looping on solaris 7

Ed Griffiths edgrif at sanger.ac.uk
Tue Aug 22 11:51:18 EST 2000

OK, as Jean wrote:

> > > Ed and I have just fixed a bug that plagued
> > > all versions of acedb (4.7 and 4.8) on recent solaris
> > > machine (sparc and intel alike)
> > > the behaviour was: when you covered the mainwindow
> > > the whole screen would freze because of acedb creating
> > > an X11 event loop.
> > > you had essentially to kill xace and restart the window
> > > manager.
> > >
> > > the fix is simple and i will update the 4.7 distrib
                        ---------------------------------

So as Brian has observerd, the bug is in 4_7:

> I just observed similar behavior on Solaris 8, with xace 4.71.

> Is xace 4.8 close enough to being a "production release" that
> I should install that, or should I wait for a fix
> in 4.7?

but the fix is not yet out there !!

We hope that 4.8 will be out this month or early next month, in the meantime
I will try to put the fixed code on the ftp site this week.

|               The Sanger Centre, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus,         |
| email: edgrif at sanger.ac.uk   URL: http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Users/edgrif |
|   Tel: +44-1223-494780       Fax: +44 1223 494919                      |