AceBrowser/gifaceserver problem viewing maps

Keith Bradnam keith at thale.life.nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Aug 25 06:27:57 EST 2000

OK, I've fixed the problem so I guess I should say what the problem was
just in case anybody else runs into it.

gifaceserver seemed to be falling over when generating certain images
because of memory problems.  If I tried viewing the same images using xace
then it crashes reporting a memory error (took me a while to realise this
as I usually have run xace after first using the unlimit command).

Raising the datasize limit to about 150000 kb seems to be enough to cope,
but I've raised it to about 500000 kb to be sure.  As gifaceserver runs
from my user account, I had to modify .cshrc to specify the new limit.
Not sure whether I should also modify the stacksize limit as well and
increase it from the default 8192 kb??

Keith

~  Keith Bradnam - Developer, Arabidopsis Genome Resource (AGR)
~  Nottingham Arabidopsis Stock Centre - http://nasc.nott.ac.uk/
~  University Park, University of Nottingham, NG7 2RD, UK
~  Tel: (0115) 951 3091