CDS tags....

Richard Durbin rd at sanger.ac.uk
Tue Aug 29 03:41:50 EST 2000

> BUT currently the start/end values must be specified in the coordinate system
> of the spliced dna, not the above coordinate system.

This was intentional.  In fact it is more work to do it this way than by specifying
start/end in the coordinate frame of the Source_Exons.  The principle is that
coordinates in an acedb sequence object should be with respect to the DNA that is
represented by the object.  In my view, the Source_exons information is in the
wrong place (should be in the parent, or done with Exon/Intron objects), but that
is another story, as Ed says.

Richard