bug

Ed Griffiths edgrif at sanger.ac.uk
Tue Feb 8 08:53:36 EST 2000

> I guess the menu becomes inaccessible when the CAPS-LOCK button is
> down.  This is an old issue with Suns which does not appear on other
> platforms.
>
> Richard

It is most likely that your problem is as Richard says, but you should
note that the CAPS-LOCK problem exists on most systems, not just Suns.
This is
a problem to do with the way we instantiate Athena toolkit pop-up
windows.
We don't intend to fix this because it would be a lot or work on code
that
is being superceded by the 4_8 version of xace that uses the GTK toolkit
(where the problem does not exist) instead of Athena.

Ed.

| Ed Griffiths, Informatics
Group,                                             |
|               The Sanger Centre, Wellcome Trust Genome
Campus,               |
|               Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SA,
UK                                |

http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Users/edgrif    |
|   Tel: +44-1223-494780 (switch  +44 1223 834244) Fax: +44 1223
494919        |