blastn: calculating percent from score

Jamie Kincaid jamie at
Thu Feb 10 10:47:41 EST 2000

Glad to see I am not the only one working on blastn stuff today!
My only suggestion about the missing objects would be to try changing the
Score_bounds value.

My question is:
With the Blastn tag specified ACEDB can calculate percent from score.
How does it do this?
Does it work for both gapped and ungapped blast?
The percent shown when I read in my blast results does not match the
percentage in the blast output. (I'm reading in results from gapped blast
In addition if a blast hit is to the negative strand how does ACEDB
display this. I note there is a tag Strand_sensitive which if specified
only shows positive strand boxes.
Finally  how can I display the name of the blast hit sequence on the Fmap

Many thanks for any help,

Jamie Kincaid
Nottingham Arabidopsis Stock Centre (NASC)
School of Biological Sciences
University of Nottingham, Nottingham, NG7 2RD

Phone: 0115 951 3091
Fax: 0115 951 3297

NASC website: