Are subclasses mutually exclusive?

Keith Bradnam keith at thale.life.nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Feb 15 05:32:58 EST 2000

A quick question...

Should members of any particular subclass be unique to that subclass,
i.e. can they belong to more than one subclass?

In our Arabidopsis database we already have several Sequence subclasses
(genomic, mitochondrial, etc.) and I would possibly like to include a new
subclass for Sequences derived from one particular ecotype of Arabidopsis.
It is possible though, that these sequences might also satisfy the
requirements of another subclass and so I would like to know whether this
might cause problems.

Thanks in advance,

Keith

~  Keith Bradnam - Developer, Arabidopsis Genome Resource (AGR)
~  Nottingham Arabidopsis Stock Centre - http://nasc.nott.ac.uk/
~  University Park, University of Nottingham, NG7 2RD, UK
~  Tel: (0115) 951 3091