going on the net!

Ed Griffiths edgrif at sanger.ac.uk
Tue Feb 1 04:51:30 EST 2000

Dave,

> We're seeing the same /var/adm/messages when we try to run ace4_7m under inetd
> under Solaris 7.  Also one other one:
>
> Jan 22 16:23:49 gn rpcace[8501]:  rendezvous_request : no suitable transport
>
> We're not having this problem with Solaris 2.6, just with 7.
>
> - Dave
> ---

We have no boxes on site that are at 2.7, I will ask systems support to
upgrade at least one box so I can do some testing.

In the mean time it would be good if when people report problems with
particular levels of operating systems they could also post the output
of the
uname command (with the -a option), e.g.

ics-sparc1[edgrif]42: uname -a
SunOS ics-sparc1 5.5 Generic_103093-27 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-1

this just helps to make things clear.

| Ed Griffiths, Informatics
Group,                                             |
|               The Sanger Centre, Wellcome Trust Genome
Campus,               |
|               Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SA,
UK                                |

http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Users/edgrif    |
|   Tel: +44-1223-494780 (switch  +44 1223 834244) Fax: +44 1223
494919        |