Calling all Acedb'ers...

zgudmunt at zgudmunt at
Mon Jul 3 03:11:53 EST 2000

	I would like to ask for additional info on the Clone grid from the
Sanger-experts working with that. For example, how exactly does one do
editing; find which STSs/Probes hit  a particular grid, or rather, how
does one find which BAC corresponds to a certain grid pattern. The
manual says a few words, and some other piece of documentation covered a
bit more. I found out some editing stuff myself, but it is still kind of
vague in my mind.

In article <395B2A46.938359C5 at>,
  Ed Griffiths <edgrif at> wrote:
> As I announced in an earlier append, I have been producing a monthly
> for acedb users in the Sanger Centre. At Acedb2000 we agreed that I
would append
> this newsletter to this newsgroup, I will be doing this later today.
If you
> would also like to receive the letter in text form via email then send
me a note
> at edgrif at, remember that you can also access all the
> at:
> Currently I write the Newsletter and put in it whatever I think is of
> to Sanger users. If you would like to contribute a short article about
> you have discovered or find useful in acedb then please send it to me
and I will
> include it in a future Newsletter. I want the Newsletter to be of
> interest to as many acedb users as possible.
> The idea of the Newsletter is to keep users/developers in touch with
> going on in acedb, i.e. to provide more feedback. I also want it to
> hints/tips/how-to type articles as well.
> Comments are welcome, but articles are even more welcome !!
> cheers Ed
> | Ed Griffiths, Informatics
Group,                                             |
> |               The Sanger Centre, Wellcome Trust Genome
Campus,               |
> |               Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SA,
UK                                |
> | email: edgrif at      URL:    |
> |   Tel: +44-1223-494780 (switch  +44 1223 834244) Fax: +44 1223
494919        |

Sent via
Before you buy.