More on Grid stuff

Doug Smith dsmith at ucsd.edu
Tue Jul 4 03:21:58 EST 2000

I also wanted to point out the ACeDB application called Axeldb:

Pollet N, Schmidt HA, Gawantka V, Vingron M, Niehrs C.
"Axeldb: a Xenopus laevis database focusing on gene expression."
Nucleic Acids Res. 2000 Jan 1;28(1):139-40.

as well as:

Martinelli SD, Brown CG, Durbin R.
"Gene expression and development databases for C. elegans."
Semin Cell Dev Biol. 1997 Oct;8(5):459-67.

Janning W.
"FlyView, a Drosophila image database, and other Drosophila databases."
Semin Cell Dev Biol. 1997 Oct;8(5):469-75.

Ringwald M, Mangan ME, Eppig JT, Kadin JA, Richardson JE.
"GXD: a gene expression database for the laboratory mouse."
The Gene Expression Database Group.
Nucleic Acids Res. 1999 Jan 1;27(1):106-12.

Hope this is useful ...
  -Doug

> I would like to add something  to Ed's notes in the newsletter
>regarding the microarray-display issue: would it be possible to somehow
>extend the grid display (already quite flexible, in layout at least) to
>display much larger datasets, without requiring a massive effort to
>write such an array display from scratch. At least it does deserved a
>chance.
>
>   I will be discussing this with a couple of those that are actually
>working with expression data and see their view on this. Perhaps I can
>extract some more intelligent (than mine) info on what kind of setup
>would be must useful for expression analysis.
>

>                      Mummi
>

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

Douglas W. Smith
Professor of Biology                     UCSD Phone: 858-534-2620
Department of Biology, 0116              UCSD FAX:   858-534-7108
UCSD                                     Home FAX:   858-457-3686
La Jolla, CA  92093-0116                 email:   dsmith at ucsd.edu
Home Page:  http://www.biology.ucsd.edu/others/dsmith/dnasys.html