xace looping on solaris 7

Ed Griffiths edgrif at sanger.ac.uk
Wed Jul 19 07:43:57 EST 2000

Probably worth noting:

> Ed and I have just fixed a bug that plagued
> all versions of acedb (4.7 and 4.8) on recent solaris
> machine (sparc and intel alike)
> the behaviour was: when you covered the mainwindow
> the whole screen would freze because of acedb creating
> an X11 event loop.
> you had essentially to kill xace and restart the window
> manager.
>
> the fix is simple and i will update the 4.7 distrib

As far as we know this does not affect the 4_8c version, if you have Solaris 5.7
and could test xace from acedb 4_8c we would be grateful (download the July
build available as  Sanger-release.2000_07_14.tar.gz  from the ftp site).

> i just fixed also a simple bug that prevents the
> development release of aceserver to work. may be nobody saw
> that bug but the behavious was a message 'cannot connect'
> from the client

Yup, I also fixed this, it was a trivial mistake in both 4_7 and 4_8 code.

| Ed Griffiths, Informatics Group,                                             |
|               The Sanger Centre, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus,               |
|               Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SA, UK                                |
| email: edgrif at sanger.ac.uk      URL: http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Users/edgrif    |
|   Tel: +44-1223-494780 (switch  +44 1223 834244) Fax: +44 1223 494919        |