svc_tli_create: could not do t_sync: Illegal file descriptor

Ed Griffiths edgrif at
Wed Jun 21 04:38:26 EST 2000

> I wrought six month ago about problems with solaris 2.7 and going on the
> net. Has anybody managed to find an answer to this problem ? Or should I
> wait for the socket ?

Uuuuggghhh, this just seems to be the same old stuff, sun boxes are the only
boxes we have problems with, every time someone updates their operating system
on a sun the RPC server breaks....sigh... The problems are very hard to debug
because of course we don't have the source code for the sun libraries so

This is a sorry tale, I have been putting my efforts into making the socket
server work and I would suggest that you try using that.

You can pick up the latest monthly development build from:

and you can see documentation on how to set the server up at:

Send me email if you have problems or need help. I really recommend just
dropping the RPC server and going for the sockets version.

cheers Ed

| Ed Griffiths, Informatics Group,                                             |
|               The Sanger Centre, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus,               |
|               Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SA, UK                                |
| email: edgrif at      URL:    |
|   Tel: +44-1223-494780 (switch  +44 1223 834244) Fax: +44 1223 494919        |