column configuration and queries

Dave Matthews matthews at
Thu Mar 9 20:42:43 EST 2000

Hi Janet,

> From: janety at (janety)
> Date: 10 Mar 2000 00:38:24 -0000
> Am I not getting the
> BACs displayed as I haven't specified a map position for them? My
> Chrom_bands have a map position (Ends Left and Right) - shouldn't the
> BAC acquire these positions via the Positive magic tag?

I think this may be the problem.  Anything on the map must have its own
Map Position data.  Doesn't inherit it via the Positive tag.

I believe Positive/Negative is for the purpose of visually checking
(colors) whether the assertion of positivity/negativity is consistent with
the actual position data.

There's some info about this at

- Dave