moderation of acedb news group

Ed Griffiths edgrif at
Tue Mar 28 11:55:01 EST 2000

>From today Simon Kelley and I (both acedb developers at the Sanger
Centre) will be moderating the acedb newsgroup. (Richard Durbin and Mike
Cherry also have moderator access)

This is in response to a number of requests in this newsgroup and
several private requests sent direct to me.

Mail to this newsgroup falls mainly into three groups:

1) genuine acedb questions
2) bioinformatics job adverts
3) spam (usually porn, money, software type stuff)

I would suggest that items 1) & 2) are allowed through still, but if
people feel strongly about also rejecting item 2) then we will filter
out those items as well.

I hope this will produce a newsgroup that is much nicer to use, comments
suggestions welcome.

| Ed Griffiths, Informatics
Group,                                             |
|               The Sanger Centre, Wellcome Trust Genome
Campus,               |
|               Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SA,
UK                                |
| email: edgrif at      URL:    |
|   Tel: +44-1223-494780 (switch  +44 1223 834244) Fax: +44 1223
494919        |