Bad display type GMAP... how bad is it??

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson at gene.pbi.nrc.ca
Mon May 8 02:19:54 EST 2000

Hi Group!

I have been trying to install ACEdb (Windows) on my laptop and it wont
initialize.  It chokes on the options.wrm file with an error "Bad
Display Type GMAP".

I copied the entire wspec file directly from a working installation on
my NT in the lab, so as far as I know the settings should be correct.  I
tried explaining to ACE that the GMAP display type *is* a little
confusing sometimes, but that doesn't necessarily make it *bad* and that
it should be a little more tolerant... ACE, however, remains
unconvinced.

Since I don't know how ACE decides what is a "good" display type and
what is a "bad" display type I am a bit stuck.  There are only two
"notable" differences between the two installations:  the working one is
on an NT at 1024X768, the non-working one is on  Win98(German) at
800X600...  could either of these be the problem?

Any advice appreciated!

By the way, for those of you who know me, I have now left the Max Planck
and am back in Canada working at the PBI in Saskatoon.  My E-mail
address remains the same however, and for the forseeable future I will
continue to curate DragonDB in Cologne.

Cheers all!

Mark Wilkinson
markw at cheerful.com