Problem characters in object names

Keith Bradnam keith at
Tue May 16 06:54:28 EST 2000

Is there a reason why acedb doesn't seem to like colons in object names?

In our database I prefix all sequence and protein objects with a
descriptor of the relevant database. E.g.

I've noticed recently that if I have a keyset window which contains a
number of sequences and I try to perform a query such as:

then it will return no objects.  The problem seems to be with the colon.
I can return successful queries such as:

but as soon as the colon appears in the query it this for a
particular reason (does the colon perform a function similar to
use of the semicolon?).

It only does this when using a query from within a keyset window.  Typing
in TREMBL:* from the main window works fine.

Anyone have any ideas?

~  Keith Bradnam - Developer, Arabidopsis Genome Resource (AGR)
~  Nottingham Arabidopsis Stock Centre -
~  University Park, University of Nottingham, NG7 2RD, UK
~  Tel: (0115) 951 3091