Cache sizes, increasing from default values

zgudmunt at zgudmunt at
Tue May 16 10:02:51 EST 2000

I tried these values:
CACHE1 = 32000
CACHE2 = 16000

as recommended in a message on the mailing list a couple of weeks ago.
the big Ace seems a lot faster, but still takes a while to start up of
	I am however having trouble with reading in a very large acefile, over
500Mb in size, xace and tace keep crashing on me. Could this be due to
the changes to the cache values? Should I try even larger values? I have
just over 500Mb RAM in the machine now.

On Fri, 12 May 2000 19:09:38   Jean Thierre-Mieg wrote:
>>   The small Ace-s that I am running are pretty fast with the default
values of
>>4000/4000, but the big ones (several Gb on disk) can be pretty slow.
>>Shouldn't I be able to speed the big server and/or xace up
>>by increasing my caches?
>>                     Mummi

Sent via
Before you buy.