non-native byte order

Janet Young jayoung at
Thu Nov 23 05:24:28 EST 2000

We've moved labs recently and have moved our acedb database to a new server
(from OSF1 on an alpha to SunOS 5.7). Now when I start the new database I
// Database has non-native byte-order: swapping
(I tried editing and saving but that's not enough to fix it)

This doesn't seem to be a problem right now but I just wondered if it leaves
us more open to crashes or if it will make queries slow? How could I swap
the byte order?

                              Dr. Janet Young
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
1100 Fairview Avenue N.                    tel: (206) 667 1471
C3-168                                     fax: (206) 667 6524
P.O. Box 19024                             email: jayoung at
Seattle, WA 98109-1024, USA.