AceBrowser not displaying Locus information graphically

Keith Bradnam keith at
Wed Oct 4 05:57:56 EST 2000

Just moved our database from our (aging) Sun machines to our new Compaq

Have just about managed to set up everything, but still a few glitches to
iron out.  In particular, I can no longer seem to view Locus objects as a
a graphic (using the AceBroswer 'pic' script).  The webpage returns the
pic error gif which says:

"The ACEDB server was unable to generate a picture of this object..."

and the web error log reveals:

[Wed Oct  4 09:06:26 2000] [error] Undefined subroutine CGI::Map

Anyone encounter this?  Is it some sort of problem with the pic script
calling the CGI module?

We have:

acedb 4.7l
Tru64 UNIX 5.0a
perl 5.6.0
AceBrowser 2.10
AcePerl 1.62 2.56

~  Keith Bradnam - Developer, Arabidopsis Genome Resource (AGR)
~  Nottingham Arabidopsis Stock Centre -
~  University Park, University of Nottingham, NG7 2RD, UK
~  Tel: (0115) 951 3091